From the road to the roof, each system in your vehicle relies on the others to function properly. The larger the system, the more important proper maintenance is to prevent expensive repairs. With your vehicle’s suspension, literally everything is riding on it! When your suspension is becoming problematic, it can manifest itself in ways you may not think. Below are some of the more common issues that come up with suspension repair. When your vehicle exhibits any of these signs, making a timely repair can be the difference between a quick service or major repair. Call us for an appointment at the first sign of any problems: (262) 567-0284
Signs You Need Suspension Repair
- Steering that Pulls to One Side: a common wheel misalignment issue, pulling is a classic sign that your vehicle’s suspension system is struggling. Make sure you get your car in for suspension service, especially if you deal with severe cases of pulling.
- Difficulty Steering: Your suspension can also affect your ability to steer effectively. If you find it takes more effort to turn your wheel and effectively maneuver, it could be the result of a leaking power steering rack or worn control arm bushings.
- Feeling Every Bump: Suspension that is in good working order creates a smooth ride for the passengers, so they don’t feel the surface of the road hitting the tires. This is important for the winter conditions we endure here in Wisconsin. When your suspension needs repair, you will begin to feel more jostling as a passenger.
- One Corner Sits Low: If only one area of your suspension is affected, this could create an odd look to your vehicle with one corner sitting lower than the others. Usually this means a spring has become too worn or damaged. This is often accompanied by clunking noises while you’re driving.
- Rolling Sensation: If your shock absorbers or struts are wearing out, the effect will be noticeable when you brake. When you come to a stop, your vehicle will nosedive forward in an exaggerated movement because your suspension isn’t absorbing the reaction. This will also happen in sharp turns, as the vehicle will overcorrect to the other side once you straighten out.
- Oily Shock Absorbers: Along with the sign listed so far that affects the ride of your vehicle, there’s a visual check you can do yourself. If your shock absorbers or struts look greasy, that is an indication of a leak. If your suspension fluid is leaking, the whole system will be less effective.
Schedule Suspension Repair With Us
Any one of these signs is a reason to have your suspension checked by one of our ASE Certified technicians. Suspension issues directly affect the safety of your vehicle and passengers. At Silver Lake Auto, your safety falls to us when we work on your vehicle and provide excellent customer service. All of our services are backed by a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty, so you drive away with peace of mind. Come into our shop today at E Wisconsin Avenue to have our technicians inspect your suspension.
Two Generations of Auto Repair
If you’re looking for an auto repair shop in Oconomowoc, North Lake, Brookfield, or New Berlin, WI that’s comfortable, reliable, and convenient, look no further than the automotive experts at Silver Lake Auto & Tire Centers! With four quality locations, Silver Lake Auto & Tire Centers has been helping drivers in North Lake, Oconomowoc, Brookfield, New Berlin, and the surrounding communities with all of their auto repair, maintenance services, emissions testing, tire services, hybrid repair, diesel repair, towing and more since 1973.
Hear from our Customers
They were able to put a patch on my tire instead of replacing it, which saved me a lot of money. Everyone was very professional and knowledgeable, which I appreciate a lot. And they gave me some delicious chocolate chip cookies when I picked up my car! 10/10
Very efficient and knowledgeable Josh the manager was very polite I would go back there again and I would tell all my friends!
This was the first time using this business and I was impressed. They gave me a detailed lay out with pictures as to what needed to be fixed, ranked from high priority to low priority. They let me decided what I wanted to be done. No pushy salesman. I would highly recommend.
I took our Subaru in for new tires and brakes. Scheduling was simple. I received a call from Evan the morning of the appointment, verifying the type of tires I wanted, before I even dropped the car off. Their online inspection report was great, as I could look over their findings, and recommended maintenance items before speaking with the shop. I received a few calls throughout the day with status updates and was able to pick the car up the same day. Bonus - their military discount saved me s... Read More
I had tires shipped to Silver Lake from Tire Rack for mounting, balancing and installation on a 2005 Chevy Express AWD. The appointment was made promptly, the work was performed without any issues and they did not attempt to up-sell additional services. That is a big win for me! They did exactly what I asked for with no hassle. Brilliant! I will use their services in the future.
I've always had a great experience taking my vehicles here. They are honest, do great work and very professional. I also enjoy that they have courtesy cars. The nearby dealerships make you rent from their car rental business.
My car was towed to this AAA approved center. I experienced a friendly, competent, courteous, and professional staff from the lady at the desk to the technicians and manager. The diagnosis and subsequent service were right on. They also solved a nonworking radio, which my car dealership said would cost me a significant amount to fix. Silver Lake quickly diagnosed the problem and solved the issue at no additional cost.. I am enjoying my radio and the extra money I saved by their excellent ... Read More
I called several other places that gave me very extended lead times to fix a nail in my tire. When I called Silver Lake they got me in first thing the next morning. Their communication is excellent and the repair was done on time. Customer service was excellent and I will happily recommend them and use them again.
Can't say enough great things about Silver Lake Auto! Best experience I've had at an auto shop. The manager, Matt and the staff are helpful, knowledgeable and friendly and the service was timely, efficient and thorough. I was at my wits end with my car, taking it from place to place trying to solve an ongoing issue that no one seemed to be able to diagnose. They were able to get me in and provide me with a detailed diagnostic report on my car, which included things that needed immediate atten... Read More
Front brakes, class IV hitch, and some other repairs/items. They were awesome, super professional. Clean. On time. Oh yeah, and everything works. Chris was awesome to work with. The whole team has been. They help each other and have each other's back when someone is busy.