Suspension Repair in Oconomowoc, WI
Keeping Your Vehicle Safe & Sturdy
From the road to the roof, each system in your vehicle relies on the others to function properly. The larger the system, the more important proper maintenance is to prevent expensive repairs. With your vehicle’s suspension, literally everything is riding on it! When your suspension is becoming problematic, it can manifest itself in ways you may not think. Below are some of the more common issues that come up with suspension repair. When your vehicle exhibits any of these signs, making a timely repair can be the difference between a quick service or major repair. Call us for an appointment at the first sign of any problems: (262) 567-0284
Signs You Need Suspension Repair
- Steering that Pulls to One Side: a common wheel misalignment issue, pulling is a classic sign that your vehicle’s suspension system is struggling. Make sure you get your car in for suspension service, especially if you deal with severe cases of pulling.
- Difficulty Steering: Your suspension can also affect your ability to steer effectively. If you find it takes more effort to turn your wheel and effectively maneuver, it could be the result of a leaking power steering rack or worn control arm bushings.
- Feeling Every Bump: Suspension that is in good working order creates a smooth ride for the passengers, so they don’t feel the surface of the road hitting the tires. This is important for the winter conditions we endure here in Wisconsin. When your suspension needs repair, you will begin to feel more jostling as a passenger.
- One Corner Sits Low: If only one area of your suspension is affected, this could create an odd look to your vehicle with one corner sitting lower than the others. Usually this means a spring has become too worn or damaged. This is often accompanied by clunking noises while you’re driving.
- Rolling Sensation: If your shock absorbers or struts are wearing out, the effect will be noticeable when you brake. When you come to a stop, your vehicle will nosedive forward in an exaggerated movement because your suspension isn’t absorbing the reaction. This will also happen in sharp turns, as the vehicle will overcorrect to the other side once you straighten out.
- Oily Shock Absorbers: Along with the sign listed so far that affects the ride of your vehicle, there’s a visual check you can do yourself. If your shock absorbers or struts look greasy, that is an indication of a leak. If your suspension fluid is leaking, the whole system will be less effective.
Schedule Suspension Repair With Us
Any one of these signs is a reason to have your suspension checked by one of our ASE Certified technicians. Suspension issues directly affect the safety of your vehicle and passengers. At Silver Lake Auto, your safety falls to us when we work on your vehicle and provide excellent customer service. All of our services are backed by a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty, so you drive away with peace of mind. Come into our shop today at E Wisconsin Avenue to have our technicians inspect your suspension.
Two Generations of Auto Repair
If you’re looking for an auto repair shop in Oconomowoc, North Lake, Brookfield, or New Berlin, WI that’s comfortable, reliable, and convenient, look no further than the automotive experts at Silver Lake Auto & Tire Centers! With four quality locations, Silver Lake Auto & Tire Centers has been helping drivers in North Lake, Oconomowoc, Brookfield, New Berlin, and the surrounding communities with all of their auto repair, maintenance services, tire services, hybrid repair, diesel repair, towing and more since 1973.
Hear from our Customers
If I could give 90 stars to these people I would! They are the most thorough out of the entire country. I am a professional transport person and I've never seen detail work done like this in my entire life. Let alone they actually got it in when they said they would and got it out about a week earlier than they anticipated. They did a deep dive into my 2004 3500 diesel and found a gazillion problems that the dealership didn't when I bought it. They did a detailed report along with amazing pic... Read More
Silver Lake Auto did an excellent job repairing my '84 Blazer. I was concerned they wouldn't work on an older vehicle but they had no issues. They performed a list of repairs quickly!!!
The staff was VERY friendly and professional!!!. I appreciated their main concern was I didn't have to wait long. They made sure to have a courtesy car waiting for me when I showed up for my appointment. The communication and the detail description of what was going on with my vehicle made me feel that I was not being taken advantage of and when all was said and done I feel like I paid a fair price. I will be definitely coming back.
I highly recommend Silver Lake Auto! I had a road trip and took my car in to make sure everything was in great working order. I was pleasantly surprised how clean and nice the office was. I was greeted warmly by Tyler who was very professional and kind during our interactions. Their shuttle driver, Doug, was also very engaging and professional during my trip to and from the shop. I never had such a positive experience with automotive place - especially as a woman. They explained everything in... Read More
I had my vehicle towed here after my check engine light popped on suddenly. The communication was outstanding throughout the process and staff were friendly and knowledgeable. They got it done quickly on pretty short notice. I was also impressed with the email of the inspection report. There are pictures and notations for each area they go over. I feel confident in taking my vehicle here and plan to for upcoming services.
I rolled into Silver Lake Auto with a punctured tire at 2:00 in the afternoon. The team was great, as they assured me they could get me back on the road before the end of the business day. They shuttled me back into work and picked me up 2 hours later with the tire patched up. I appreciated the high level of service.
I came in to have a quote on replacing brake pads for my car. They gave me a loaner car to drive home while waiting for the estimate and did a overall inspection on what needs to be replaced and serviced (not just for brake pads) for free. They upfront told me the cost will be higher compare to other places because it comes with warranty. I did not eventually get my brakes replaced here because the cost is higher than I expected but certainly appreciate the great service. I'd come back for ot... Read More
The service I received at silver Lake Auto and Tire was stellar. Tyler was very helpful upon checking me in and making sure they were able to help me in an emergency. They were able to give me a same day service and replace a tire that was damaged. The concierge service provided by Doug was amazing. He is exceptionally kind and thoughtful. He even gave me cookies when returning to the shop to pick up my car!! I was provided a complimentary diagnostic of my car which was eye-opening to see the... Read More
After taking my car to the dealer for first service check to find they only checked lights and did tire rotation taking over an hour to wait, Silver Lake also did oil change checked everything from front to back, detailed inside and watched floor mats and gave it a car wash! Excellent service and exceptional customer experience! Thanks you Jacob and everyone at Silver Lake!
My experience working with Silver Lake auto was an exceptionally positive one! They were able to accommodate my schedule by picking up my car from my home and taking it to their shop. The driver Doug was extremely courteous and professional and walked me through every step of the process. The manager Tyler was very professional and was able to answer all my questions and concerns. Everything was done on the timeline they promised and they even made an extra trip to my house to pick up the whe... Read More