From the road to the roof, each system in your vehicle relies on the others to function properly. The larger the system, the more important proper maintenance is to prevent expensive repairs. With your vehicle’s suspension, literally everything is riding on it! When your suspension is becoming problematic, it can manifest itself in ways you may not think. Below are some of the more common issues that come up with suspension repair. When your vehicle exhibits any of these signs, making a timely repair can be the difference between a quick service or major repair. Call us for an appointment at the first sign of any problems: (262) 567-0284
Signs You Need Suspension Repair
- Steering that Pulls to One Side: a common wheel misalignment issue, pulling is a classic sign that your vehicle’s suspension system is struggling. Make sure you get your car in for suspension service, especially if you deal with severe cases of pulling.
- Difficulty Steering: Your suspension can also affect your ability to steer effectively. If you find it takes more effort to turn your wheel and effectively maneuver, it could be the result of a leaking power steering rack or worn control arm bushings.
- Feeling Every Bump: Suspension that is in good working order creates a smooth ride for the passengers, so they don’t feel the surface of the road hitting the tires. This is important for the winter conditions we endure here in Wisconsin. When your suspension needs repair, you will begin to feel more jostling as a passenger.
- One Corner Sits Low: If only one area of your suspension is affected, this could create an odd look to your vehicle with one corner sitting lower than the others. Usually this means a spring has become too worn or damaged. This is often accompanied by clunking noises while you’re driving.
- Rolling Sensation: If your shock absorbers or struts are wearing out, the effect will be noticeable when you brake. When you come to a stop, your vehicle will nosedive forward in an exaggerated movement because your suspension isn’t absorbing the reaction. This will also happen in sharp turns, as the vehicle will overcorrect to the other side once you straighten out.
- Oily Shock Absorbers: Along with the sign listed so far that affects the ride of your vehicle, there’s a visual check you can do yourself. If your shock absorbers or struts look greasy, that is an indication of a leak. If your suspension fluid is leaking, the whole system will be less effective.
Schedule Suspension Repair With Us
Any one of these signs is a reason to have your suspension checked by one of our ASE Certified technicians. Suspension issues directly affect the safety of your vehicle and passengers. At Silver Lake Auto, your safety falls to us when we work on your vehicle and provide excellent customer service. All of our services are backed by a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty, so you drive away with peace of mind. Come into our shop today at E Wisconsin Avenue to have our technicians inspect your suspension.
Two Generations of Auto Repair
If you’re looking for an auto repair shop in Oconomowoc, North Lake, Brookfield, or New Berlin, WI that’s comfortable, reliable, and convenient, look no further than the automotive experts at Silver Lake Auto & Tire Centers! With four quality locations, Silver Lake Auto & Tire Centers has been helping drivers in North Lake, Oconomowoc, Brookfield, New Berlin, and the surrounding communities with all of their auto repair, maintenance services, emissions testing, tire services, hybrid repair, diesel repair, towing and more since 1973.
Hear from our Customers
Honestly, best automotive service I've ever received! Josh was kind, understanding of my situation, and helped me prioritize the repairs to a car that needs a little love based on safety and logevity. He also was able to provide me with a loaner vehicle which made my day much easier to manage. I dropped off in the morning, we talked before noon, car was ready before 4, and it feels great! And they took it to the carwash for me!! Wow! What more could you ask for! Thanks for the super positive ... Read More
Very efficient and knowledgeable Josh the manager was very polite I would go back there again and I would tell all my friends!
VERY friendly service, honest, they kept me updated through the whole process. I'm taking my car there from now on. Thank you to the friend who recommended them.
Awesome work and communication, especially with an autistic young lady who is new to auto repair! Thanks and keep keeping your on!
Amazing! Called to see about an appointment. Phone was immediately answered by a pleasant voice and cheery greeting. I explained what I needed and was put on a VERY short hold. Alycia (sp?) came back on the line and said to drop it off whenever I could. They would have a loaner for me to use. I arrived to a clean shop and was now greeted by a smiling face and same cheery voice as before. In less than 10 minutes, I was on my way back to work in a very clean loaner. I received a call a few hour... Read More
Just had my Audi serviced at Silver Lake and wanted to share my experience. Kezra took my appointment for an oil leak I had and was able to schedule me in for repairs and repair my car in less than a week! Her customer service, attention to detail and responsiveness is next level. Kudos to Kezra and the team down at Silver Lake! I will be coming back for any future services needed on my vehicles.
It’s been a few years, thankfully, since we had to do any major work to either of our vehicles. That said- I thought the brake lines work we needed was a bit expensive, However, we needed the vehicle towed there at the end of on day, and they fit us in for the inspection the next morning. A courtesy call that afternoon for the work I needed, plus a full recommendation list of a few items I should address soon for proper upkeep and maintenance; all complete with pictures on a website format... Read More
They're always great about helping me out with my car. - great customer service
Had a flat tire by silver lake auto and tire, the guys helped inflate it and inspected it in their shop, in less than 30 minutes they had it repaired and I was ready to go. Great service! Totally recommended
A+ absolutely fantastic. Thank you for the excellent service. This is the best automotive shop I’ve ever had the pleasure of taking my vehicle to. The people here are honest, professional, courteous, thorough, go above and beyond to be accommodating, and do excellent work. I highly recommend using this shop for your automotive needs. Austin and Amanda at the front desk provided top notch customer service, which is rare these days.